Photo postcard of Buckingham Palace.
Firstly being known as Buckingham House, most of what makes up the Palace today was originally built as a private townhouse in 1703 for the Duke of Buckingham. It became known as 'the Queen's House' in 1761 when it was obtained by George III as a private home for Queen Charlotte. Queen Victoria acquired it in 1837 and it then became the official royal palace, the certified London home of Queen Victoria and all following monarchs. During the 19th century it was enlarged by architects of the state John Nash and Edward Blore who added 3 wings around the central courtyard.
Size: 17.0cm x 12.0cm